Acknowledging that every human life begins at conception and is worthy of protection, Whispering Hope offers compassion, hope and help for anyone vulnerable to abortion by presenting life-affirming alternatives and support and by sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
A small group of dedicated people came together in 1995 over concern for women in the area facing crisis pregnancies. Their efforts led to Cumming Care Center opening its doors in 1996. In 2004, the organization’s name changed to Whispering Hope Women’s Resource & Pregnancy Center, and an Earn While You Learn program was adopted. Whispering Hope expanded its services in 2007 with the addition of limited ultrasounds and STI testing.
Whispering Hope strives to demonstrate the following core values in our work and relationships.
- Dependence on God (John 3:30; John 15:4-5; Romans 11:35-36; Ephesians 2:8-9)
- Biblical Worldview (2 Timothy 2:15; Colossians 2:8)
- Excellence (1 Corinthians 4:2; Colossians 3:23; 1 Peter 2:12)
- Integrity (Psalm 86:11; Proverbs 10:9; Proverbs 11:3)
- Grace and Truth (John 1:14; Colossians 4:6; 2 Timothy 4:2; 1 John 3:18)
- Trustworthiness (Psalm 145:13; Proverbs 11:13; Proverbs 12:22; 1 Corinthians 4:2)
- Kindness (Psalm 19:14; Galatians 5:22; Ephesians 4:32)
- Unity (Romans 15:6; 1 Corinthians 1:10; Philippians 2:2)
These hallmarks are the features of our ministry to abortion vulnerable women.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the authoritative, infallible, and inerrant Word of God.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three co-equal persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, his substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and His personal, visible return to earth.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who comes forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ.
- We believe man is a created being, made in the likeness and image of God. Through Adam’s transgressions and fall, sin came into the world.
- We believe that sin is the transgression of God’s law (1 John 3:4), as revealed by the Holy Spirit through His eternal Word. (Eph. 2:1-22; Romans 5:12; Romans 5:19; Romans 7:14-25)
- We believe salvation is the gift of God. “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” (Ephesians 2:8-10).
- We believe in the Great Commission, which our Lord has given to His Church to evangelize the world and to disciple the nations.
- We believe in the personal, visible return of Christ to Earth, in the establishment of His Kingdom, in the resurrection of the Body, in the final judgment and in eternal blessings of the righteous and endless suffering of the wicked.
- We believe that God, as the Creator and upholder of all things, is the Lawgiver and Judge. Thus all men are accountable to God.
- We believe that every true believer in Christ must not yield themselves to sinful passions and instead must strive to pursue righteousness (Rom. 6:5-11; 2 Tim. 2:22), “so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God” (Col. 1:10).
- We believe that when we, as believers, fall short of this calling by yielding to sin, we have an advocate with the Father in Christ. (Romans 3:23; 1 John 2:1) Our only proper response at that time is to acknowledge our sin in humility and to repent, which includes turning from our sin and toward Christ. (2 Chron. 7:14; Acts 3:19) To instead justify such behavior or persist in it is continued rebellion and resisting the Holy Spirit. (Heb. 3:15; Acts 7:51)
- We believe that life begins at conception, that man is created in God’s image with an eternal soul, and that life must be protected and preserved.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female, and that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God.
- We believe that God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union.
- The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Whispering Hope’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Board of Directors is Whispering Hope’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
Whispering Hope is a 501c3 non-profit ministry accredited by the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. We are affiliated with Care Net and Heartbeat International, pro-life organizations of Christians committed to providing compassionate care to women who are unprepared for pregnancy. Donations made to Whispering Hope are tax deductible as allowed by law.
The Hope Program equips parents through pregnancy and parenting education and Bible study. Clients are either placed with a mentor or in a group. Attendance is rewarded with Baby Bucks which may be used to purchase diapers, wipes, formula, or other baby essentials from our Mommy Store.
Post Abortion Care and Education (PACE) is available for anyone who needs post abortion help or support. This class gives post abortive women the opportunity to find hope and healing in Jesus Christ. PACE may be taken individually or in a group setting. For more information, please call the center at 770-889-8302 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The medical program includes free pregnancy testing, STI testing, and limited ultrasounds. These free services are provided by medically trained and licensed personnel. Patients are educated on their pregnancy options and offered community resources as needed.
We believe God is calling us to add another level of compassion, hope, and help to our ministry by opening a maternity home in the near future. Our goal is to provide a safe and loving environment where young, single moms can prepare for the birth of their babies and recover from pregnancy.
Learn more >>
LIVING HOPE STAFF
Staff and volunteers must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, be committed to the pro-life position and sexual purity, be called to help fulfill our mission, and meet certain role requirements. The following positions are available at this time.
Communications Assistant – Paid Staff Position: The Communications Assistant helps with a variety of internal and external communications strategies to raise awareness and reach our target audience. Must have a degree in communications, journalism, media, marketing, public relations, or similar degree. For more information, please send an email to email@example.com.
Bilingual Medical Assistant – Paid Staff Position: The Medical Assistant provides support to the medical staff at Cumming Women’s Center. Must be able to provide English/Spanish interpretation for phone calls and medical appointments. For more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
House Relief Staff – Paid Staff Position: Relief Staff works at our maternity home, Living Hope, and covers for the Houseparents when they are off duty. Must be available to work on weekends. For more information, please send an email to email@example.com.
Translators – Volunteer Position: Bilingual (Spanish/English) speakers are needed to help with translation at our medical facility, Cumming Women’s Center. Qualified volunteers are assigned a weekly time slot to provide translation for phone calls and medical appointments. For more information, please contact Beth Gates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medical Personnel – Volunteer Position: Medical volunteers (RN, NP, PA, LPN, MD) are needed for our women’s clinic, Cumming Women’s Center. Pregnancy testing, STI testing, and other women’s health services are provided at no cost to our patients. For more information about being a medical volunteer, please contact Beth Gates at email@example.com.